Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town!


Tonight's the big night for all of us kids!

Christmas Eve in my parental home involved a mandatory bath followed by dressing in new pajamas before placing our Christmas stockings (large red felt socks) on the living room, and later recreation room, sofa. Each year was of course marked by a trip to see Santa and share with him what we wanted for Christmas, and to pose for a photo.

Below, my sister, my brother and I are pictured with Santa. I guess the photo to be from about 1964 based on our apparent ages. I love the galoshes we were required to wear as well as my Davy Crockett 'bulky-knit' sweater, made by our mother, and especially becoming with the wool 'fringe' adorning each arm!



2 comments:

  1. What a happy picture. Is that the real Santa or one of his many helpers called Lewis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy picture. Is that the real Santa or one of his many helpers called Lewis?

    ReplyDelete